Why Become a member
The Friends of Engineering are senior-level engineers and leaders who share the Faculty of Engineering’s commitment to excellence in engineering education and represent a spectrum of industries and backgrounds.
Founded in 1907, The Price Faculty of Engineering at the University of Manitoba is the oldest engineering school in western Canada. With the help of the Friends of Engineering the Faculty will continue to meet the needs of the local and national engineering community.
The Friends of Engineering actively encourages engineering students at the University of Manitoba to take initiative outside of their regular coursework. Friends has provided financial support to several student competition teams, student groups and individual students.
Become a member
Membership dues are $1000 annually ($250 for retired members) + GST (5%).
For more information please contact Lynda Peto.
If you wish to become a member please fill out the Membership Registration Form and return to Lynda Peto.
Benefits of a Membership
- Affiliation with a premier network of local and national executive-level engineering leaders.
- Participation in a variety of Distinguished Speaker Series receptions
- Invitation to the General Meetings and Speaker events.
- Access to the expertise of world-renowned researchers and educators
- A ready source of talented men and women for your organization through access to our U of M Idea and Engineering Co-op Programs
- An unequaled ability to make a difference in the classroom by participating as an in- class Speaker or Mentor.
- Participation in Student activities and competitions as speakers, judges, or attendees.
- The opportunity to help set direction and take an already strong engineering school to the next level.